Products and Professional Liability
The United States and the European Union lead the world in legal policies and actions which impose strict liability for defective products, and Cooper Law Firm has an international reputation for its expertise in product and professional liability litigation.
Corporate liability for improper notice of dangers to the public and/or classes of individuals can include
- Handling of waste products
- Manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceuticals
- Equipment and safety protocols at worksites, including the use of chemicals
- Safety standards, or lack thereof, in the manufacture and retail of consumer goods such as boats, vehicles, HVAC systems, and other items
- Contamination of personal and/or real property due to corporate activities or equipment malfunction, including damage to homes, classes of workers such as fishermen, and environmental pollution
- Damages to individuals whose care was entrusted to health and/or private care/residential institutions
- Improper construction practices and outcomes
Every member of the CLF Legal Team has expertise in this area of litigation, in hiring experts to scientifically document damages and in handling the media promotions and examination that can often accompany such cases. The lead team on this area of practice are Barry Cooper and Celeste Brustowicz.